My name is Teyuna T. Darris, and I like working with words. Reading, writing, making new words, learning new languages, and even trying to figure out the best way to convey a message— I love working with words 🙂
In my free-time, I enjoy dancing, poetry, learning foreign languages, and vocal and instrumental music. I especially enjoy piano, guitar and bass. Ballet, African, Brazilian and tap dance are four of my favorite dance styles, and keep me moving! I also study contemporary, liturgical, Modern and Jazz dance.
I currently work as a substitute teacher while I’m finishing up the elementary school teaching certificate.
Some of the topics you can expect to see featured at TheTDarrisBlog include:
- Education and Career
- Personal Development
- Goal Setting
- Loving Yourself and Others 🙂
- Internet and Social Media How-To’s
- Reviews (products, music, books, etc.)
- Stuff I Learned
- Things I’ve Experienced
- Reading Goals
- Writing Goals
- And more!
Some Random Facts:
- Second to the Bible, I read Forbes, Inc., Entrepreneur and Business Insider.
- Skim milk and Oreos are a delight!
- I want to go to law school.
- Lately, I’ve been blasting tunes by Brett Dennen, and loving it!
- I write haikus and other poems, almost daily.
- I work as a freelancer to help people and organizations to do and say what they mean.
- I use Apple, Microsoft and Android— they all have their strengths!
- I’m about to embark on another 100 days of Dance to further my #fitnessgoals.
- I once stopped eating fast food for a year and liked it 🙂
- I recently self-published a poetry chapbook— I think I’ll give it a re-vamp.
- FitBit products are my favorite fitness tools!
- I try to take time each day to reflect on the people and things for which I’m thankful.
My second poetry book is expected to be published this year— I’m currently editing, and arranging the book, and I’ve recently become a book reviewer. Each month, I’ll be posting book reviews on the Reviews page, and on retail sites, like Amazon.com. Be sure to check them out!
Disclaimer: I use this blog to speak for myself.