Thank you for stopping by!
Potential employers and partners can view and download my resume and references, view my portfolio, and learn other relevant information needed to help determine if I’d be a great fit for your team.
Instead of a traditional resume, I’ve included my curriculum vitae in order to provide a more complete synopsis of my background, experience, and current associations and projects. References are included.
Click here to view my Curriculum Vitae.
I’ve recently published a book of poems I wrote as a teenager in 2016. It’s available at Amazon.com, and it’s available for free if you click here. It’s entitled, “Stuff I Wrote from My Heart— The Ingenue“. “The Ingenue” is the first of a series of poetry chapbooks I’ve written. The next chapbook is forthcoming.
Although I’ve written many essay in college and graduate school, I do like to research and write about topics which interest me. Here are some of my personal essays.
- Good Night and Good Luck— An Observation
- Reality Television and Its Effects on Body Image— A Study on Media and Culture
- The Influence of the Bachelor and His Bachelorette— A Cultural Studies Analysis
Ferguson Youth Initiative (FYI)
- FYI October 2017 Newsletter
- FYI September 2017 Newsletter
- FYI August 2017 Newsletter
- FYI April 2017 Newsletter
- FYI March 2017 Newsletter
- FYI February 2017 Newsletter
- FYI December 2016 Newsletter
- FYI Press Release – July 15th, 2017
- FYI Press Release – Next Steps Program (for March 1st, 2017)
- FYI Press Release – Annual Banquet 2017_ April 1st, 2017
- F.Y.I. Press Release – First Annual Pinewood Classic_ December 10th, 2016
- MTCLC Press Release for Community Health Fair 2014
- MTCLC Press Release for Community Health and Wellness Weekend 2015
- MTCLC Press Release Template
I’ve previously gained ten years of experience as a communications and media director at a church called Memorial Tabernacle Christian Life Center. I helped the organization to develop its communications and media policies in key areas like information coordination, calendaring, the usage of member image and likeness in our publications, event communications planning, and volunteer team member roles, descriptions and volunteer policies.
I also created the organization’s template for press releases to media organizations. My work also included the development of the organization’s communications and media plan, in addition to making sign-up forms and reading schedules, and developing and conducting surveys to help church leaders to get things done.
Websites & Webpages
www.FYIFergYouth.org – I volunteer as a Communications Assistant at the Ferguson Youth Initiative. In addition to website updates and copywriting and copyediting, I also assist the Director with grant writing, marketing and social media management.
- FYI’s Banquet Is On April 7th
- #SupportFYI on GiveSTL Day
- FYI Hosts Its 2nd Annual Pinwood Classic
- Thank You!
www.GoodPoetry.org – I manage an online poetry journal with a simple mission to celebrate and promote poetry and literacy amongst all ages. I serve as the publication’s general editor, and I also do narrations for some of its videos. Thus far, I have created all the content featured at GoodPoetry.org.
Social Media Sites
Fliers and Presentations
Made from “scratch”
Made using stock photography
- “The Bean-Eaters” by Gwendolyn Brooks
- “On Being Brought from Africa to America” by Phillis Wheatley
- “I had no time to hate, because” by Emily Dickinson
- “I Hear America Singing” by Walt Whitman
- “Mother to Son” by Langston Hughes
- “Let America Be America Again” by Langston Hughes